September 10, 2014 - Notice of Primary Election for Five Tribal Council SeatsNotice is hereby given as follows.
1. Primary Election. On Thursday, October 2, 2014, a Tribal primary election will be held in the Ashland, Busby and Lame Deer Districts of the Nothern Cheyenne Reservation for the positions listed in paragraph 5 below.
2. Time and Place to Vote. The polls in the following three Districts will be open from approximately 9:00 am to 7:00 pm, and will be located as follows:
Ashland - Ashland Community Hall
Busby - Northern Cheyenne Tribal School Cafeteria
Lame Deer - Little Wolf Capitol Building - Tribal Council Chambers
3. Who May Vote. All Tribal members aged 18 or older on the day of the primary election, who are on his/her District's Voters List, and properly register on the day of the primary election at his/her District polling place or properly apply for and obtain an absentee ballot, will be entitled to vote in the primary election.
4. Positions on Which Voter May Vote. In the primary election, each voter may vote for the open Tribal Council seat(s) in the Voter's District.
5. Open Positions, Declared Candidates, Write-In Voting. The purpose of the primary election is to select final candidates for the positions listed below, from among those Tribal members who properly filed a Declaration of Candidacy, paid the filing fee, and are otherwise qualified. Those persona are listed below (in alphabetical order for each position). Write-in voting is also permitted.
Ashland District - one open Tribal Council seat
Joe Fox, Jr.
Busby District - one open Tribal Council seat
Robert D. Bailey
Leonard Elk Shoulder, Jr.
Lame Deer District - Three open Tribal Council Seats
Ronald K. Beartusk
Carrie L. Braine
Benjamin D. Headswift
Georgiann Littlehead Kellum
Jennie L. Small LaFranier
Glenn Littlebird, Sr.
Patrick (Pat) Lance McMakin
William E. Rowland
Anthony (Tony) Threefingers
Download LAME DEER District Voters List (3.58mb) (pdf)
Download BIRNEY District Voters List (pdf)
Download ASHLAND District Voters List (pdf)